This chili may be one of my favourite meals. It’s easy, it’s super delicious, and EVERYONE LOVES IT.
The yams mash into the mix after cooking, and the result is a creamy chili dream.
I always chop up kale for the bottoms of the bowls, and then the steamy chili wilts it. Avocado is also perfect on top. Shredded cheese is an option, but honestly it’s so creamy from the yams, cheese isn’t even necessary! Obviously good, but if you can’t do cheese don’t fret, you aren’t missing out.
This recipe is made in an Instant Pot, but could easily be made on the stove top or in a slow cooker. Just adjust those cooking times!
As always, you’ll have plenty of leftovers, because that’s how I roll. A meal just isn’t a good one if you can’t get a lunch out of it too.
- 1 package ground turkey
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2-3 toes garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup bone broth
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 small-medium sized yams or sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 3 T coconut sugar
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp herbamere (or sea salt)
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- Turn on Instant Pot to saute. Add oil
- Add meat to pot, break up and cook meat until almost brown
- Add in onion and minced garlic, stir into meat
- Turn saute off
- Add in remaining ingredients, stirring together before sealing lid and closing vent
- Set to manual high pressure for 9 minutes
- Once time is up, let the Instant Pot naturally release steam for at least 5 minutes. After 5 minutes is up you can quick release (the longer it naturally releases, the more flavourful it will become)
- Stir the chili well!! You want the sweet potato to stir into the chili to make it creamy
- Rinse and chop up some kale as a base for your chili and add some diced avocado on top. Top with shredded cheese if you're into that and enjoy!
Did you make the chili?! Does it win best chili award in your home and hearts too?! Let me know below.